What’s in Our Cup
Jocelyn has Rhubarb Cream Soda tea from Davids Tea. Diana has Jura scotch.
- #acrosstheprairiesKAL (Exploration Station by Stephen West) out of Dye for Ewe in Now That Was a Campfire and Spring in Your Step, and Knitting Wolf Luxury Yarns in Eleganza Extravaganza and Violet Drag Wolf
- June Socks out of Dye for Ewe in Dreaming of Spring
- Stormy Sky Shawl by Life Is Cozy out of Fleece Artist’s National Parks Colourway Thousand Islands, Ontario
- Unforgettable Slouch Double Petal Hat by Sil Johnson out of Loops and Threads Chameleon
- Lacy Beanie by Lisa Gentry out of Fleece Artist’s National Parks Colourway Thousand Islands, Ontario
- Wedding Shawl by Susan Pandorf out of Forever Yarn 100% Lamb’s Wool and stitch markers from String Bling (cari_b22[AT]yahoo[DOT]ca)
- June Socks (Les Chausettes de la Schtroumpfette by Elise Dupont but still with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel) out of Midknit Cravings Curtain Call and Cinema
- #acrosstheprairiesKAL (Exploration Station by Stephen West) out of Cog Yarns Hand Dyed MCN Sock in Weekend Thoughts, Tog and Thel sock yarn naturally dyed with Copper and Marigold, and Cloud 9 Fiberworks Cumulus Sock in Unseelie.
- Rivers Wrap by Shannon Cook out of Cascade 220 in Natural, Burgundy, Green, Camel, Vashon Island Heather
Diana dropped a stitch on her lace wedding shawl :O Also she can’t read her own notes and had to rip back her Exploration Station because she grabbed the wrong colour.
Jocelyn got one of the ladies at knit club to rip back a large portion of her Northern Plains Shawl (coming soon!) because she read her own pattern wrong and while it still looked good was not suitable for a pattern photo. Her cat attempted to help with the Triple Treat Shawl resulting in its rebirth as a Stormy Sky Shawl.
Yarn on the Go
The great blocking party occurred, and the Evenstar/Wedding Shawl was finished!
Sew Little Time
Jocelyn continued work on a summer dress for herself, and has been working on some market bags for upcoming craft markets.
Diana showed off her dinosaur earrings from Inspyred Creations.
Jocelyn apologizes to Patreon subscribers, learning new editing software is hard!
If you like test knitting, let us know at northerknitspodcastATgmailDOTcom. Jocelyn has more design plans!
Year of the Sock? – January 1-December 31. Northern Knits Podcast KAL! Knit 1 pair of socks every month in 2018. Don’t forget to post your finished socks in the monthly FO thread on our Ravelry Group. Use #yearofthesock? on Instagram.
Stash Dash – May 23 – August 27. Hosted by Laura from TheKnitGirlls
Manitoba Fibre Festival – September 14-15 in Winnipeg, MB
Knit City – September 29-30 2018 in Vancouver, BC
This week we reviewed Diana’s book, The Cuffed Shawl and More by Shelle Hendrix.
Support us on Patreon!
You can find us on Ravelry, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube as Northern Knits Podcast. Our blog with all our show notes is at northernknitspodcast.com. You can also email us at northernknitspodcastATgmailDOTcom.
Jocelyn can be found on Ravelry as amberdragun, where all her other social media is linked.