What’s in Our Cup
Diana has some Canadian rye, of the Gibson’s Rare variety. Jocelyn has White Angel from Tea Desire in Saskatchewan.
- #acrosstheprairiesKAL (Exploration Station by Stephen West) out of Dye for Ewe in Now That Was a Campfire and Spring in Your Step, and Knitting Wolf Luxury Yarns in Eleganza Extravaganza and Violet Drag Wolf
- A test knit of her own shawl design (Northern Plains, coming soon!) out of Midknit Cravings in Beach Glass and Geode
- Sort of Half Circle Shawl by PurpleIguana out of a Caron Big Cake in Grape Jelly
- Natsu Scarf – basic double crochet scarf in Red Heart Soft White and Black
- Wedding Shawl by Susan Pandorf out of Forever Yarn 100% Lamb’s Wool and stitch markers from String Bling (cari_b22[AT]yahoo[DOT]ca)
- June Socks (Les Chausettes de la Schtroumpfette by Elise Dupont but still with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel) out of Midknit Cravings Curtain Call and Cinema
Diana had another pesky extra stitch in her Wedding Shawl. Pretty much par for the course at this point.
Jocelyn misread her own pattern and has to frog a good chunk of her Northern Plains Shawl.
Yarn on the Go
Jocelyn got a new-to-her Ashford Traditional spinning wheel lovingly refurbished by Lori of HomeSpun Tools.
Sew Little Time
Jocelyn continues work on the cosplay coats. The deadline is fast approaching!
Diana painted a thing at a Paint Nite and it came out not bad.
#acrosstheprairiesKAL – We’re knitting the Exploration Station along with CozyUp Knits Podcast, Feather Stitches Podcast, and A Tale of Two Knitters Podcast
Year of the Sock? – January 1-December 31. Northern Knits Podcast KAL! Knit 1 pair of socks every month in 2018. Don’t forget to post your finished socks in the monthly FO thread on our Ravelry Group. Use #yearofthesock? on Instagram.
Summer Fibre Fest – July 28 at Little Britain United Church in Lockport, MB
Stash Dash – May 23 – August 27. Hosted by Laura from TheKnitGirlls
Manitoba Fibre Festival – September 14-15 in Winnipeg, MB
Knit City – September 29-30 2018 in Vancouver, BC
Support us on Patreon!
You can find us on Ravelry, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube as Northern Knits Podcast. Our blog with all our show notes is at northernknitspodcast.com. You can also email us at northernknitspodcastATgmailDOTcom.
Jocelyn can be found on Ravelry as amberdragun, where all her other social media is linked.
Diana can be found on Instagram as firewaterandfiber and on Ravelry as wool-rat. She is on Twitter as @artemis_134.