What’s in Our Cup
Diana made an almond milk latte with Ayurvedic Chai from Amsterdam Tea Room. Jocelyn has Chai Mate from McQuarrie’s Tea and Coffee Merchants.
- A test knit of her own shawl design out of Midknit Cravings in Beach Glass and Geode
- Socks out of Dye for Ewe in Dreaming of Spring
- Wedding Shawl by Susan Pandorf out of Forever Yarn 100% Lamb’s Wool and stitch markers from String Bling
- April/May Socks (vanilla toe-up with a cut in afterthought heel) out of Online Supersocke Forest-Color in colourway 1908.
- June Socks (vanilla toe up with undetermined heel) out of Midknit Cravings Curtain Call and Cinema.
Diana had a lot of trouble doing a simple cast on she has done many times before.
Yarn on the Go
Diana and Jocelyn were at Mcleod House Tea Room in Stonewall for Diana’s wedding shower.
Sew Little Time
Jocelyn finished the majority of the dress Diana is wearing to the Pride and Prejudice Ball on June 16.
We may be participating in an Exploration Station KAL in the fall along with CozyUp WithTheStitchinSisters Podcast, Feather Stitches Podcast, and A Tale of Two Knitters Podcast.
Also, we’re going to set up Patreon!
Spring Garden KAL – Hosted by the Fibre Friends Friday night knit group.
Year of the Sock? – January 1-December 31. Northern Knits Podcast KAL! Knit 1 pair of socks every month in 2018. Don’t forget to post your finished socks in the monthly FO thread on our Ravelry Group. Use #yearofthesock? on Instagram.
All In The Family KAL – All year, hosted by the CozyUp WithTheStitchinSisters Podcast
Stash Dash – May 23 – August 27. Hosted by Laura from TheKnitGirlls
Blue Hills Fibre Festival – June 9 in Carberry, MB
Manitoba Fibre Festival – September 14-15 in Winnipeg, MB
Knit City – September 29-30 2018 in Vancouver, BC
This week we reviewed Diana’s copy of Interweave Knits Summer 2018.
You can find us on Ravelry, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube as Northern Knits Podcast. Our blog with all our show notes is at northernknitspodcast.com. You can also email us at northernknitspodcastATgmailDOTcom.
Jocelyn can be found on Ravelry as amberdragun, where all her other social media is linked.
Diana can be found on Instagram as firewaterandfiber and on Ravelry as wool-rat. She is on Twitter as @artemis_134.