What’s In Our Cup
Jocelyn has some kind of mocha thing from the new summer menu at Starbucks. Diana has an iced latte from Little Sister Coffee Maker. Diana also has all sorts of fancy tea samples from Three 6 Tea.
- Katie’s Shawl byCozy Up Designs out of Cloud 9 Fiberworks Cumulus Sock in Here Comes the Rain and Anemone Wall #2 in a Dragon Fibre Bags bag
- March Socks out of Cloud 9 Fiberworks Cumulus Sock in Rainbow Connection in an Erin Lane Bags bag now on Chia Goo needles
- Rivers Wrap (podcast anniversary project) by Shannon Cook out of Cascade 220 in Natural, Burgundy, Green, Camel, Vashon Island Heather in a Dragon Fibre Bags bag
- Wedding Shawl by Susan Pandorf out of 100% Lamb’s Wool and stitch markers from Dye for Ewe
- April/May Socks (vanilla toe-up with a fish lips kiss heel) out of Online Supersocke
Yarn on the Go
On The Lamb Podcast is doing a summer garment MAL so Jocelyn is making a crochet cocoon cardigan out of Bernat Premium Tweeds in the colour Aran Tweed and Red Heart Fashion Soft in the colour Wine.
Prairie Lily Knitting and Needlework
Jocelyn is doing a test knit and picked up some Diamon Luxury Foot Loose for it. She also got some laceweight Manos del Uruguay Marina in the colour Frozen.
Diana had her knitting at the Canadian Cyber Defence Challenge and at her company’s hackathon.
Jocelyn is planning to rearrange her stash and UFOs to encourage her to finish more and minimize distraction during Stash Dash.
Podcast-iversary KAL – January 1-
March 31 (or until Diana finishes her Rivers Wrap) May 19th! Knit something by Shannon Cook. Use #happypodnkp2018 on Instagram so we can see your stuff! Use #veryshannon so Shannon Cook can see your stuff! We have prize yarn from Noble Ruby Designs and Cloud 9 FiberWorks.
Year of the Sock? – January 1-December 31. Northern Knits Podcast KAL! Knit 1 pair of socks every month in 2018. Don’t forget to post your finished socks in the monthly FO thread on our Ravelry Group. Use #yearofthesock? on Instagram.
Stash Dash – May 23 – August 27. Hosted by Laura from TheKnitGirlls
Manitoba Fibre Festival – September 14-15
Knit City – September 29-30 2018 in Vancouver, BC
You can find us on Ravelry, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube as Northern Knits Podcast. Our blog with all our show notes is at northernknitspodcast.com. You can also email us at northernknitspodcastATgmailDOTcom.
Jocelyn can be found on Ravelry as amberdragun, where all her other social media is linked.
Diana can be found on Instagram as firewaterandfiber and on Ravelry as wool-rat. She is on Twitter as @artemis_134.